Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is any information that concerns you individually and would permit someone to contact you, for example, your name, address, telephone/fax number, email address or any information you submit to freshcity.com that identifies you individually.
This website will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it.
Therefore, if you do not want us to obtain any personally identifiable information about you, please do not submit it to us.
You can visit and browse the Fresh City website without revealing personally identifiable information about yourself. You may also choose to disclose personally identifiable information about yourself, which may be maintained as described below. This website may collect personally identifiable information about you by methods such as the following:
- Registration Forms – If you are offered the opportunity to enter a promotion, to become a registered user of freshcity.com, or to opt-in to receive Fresh City information through another site, you must apply by filling out the registration form on the site. This form requires certain personally identifiable information that may include, without limitation, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, areas of interest, product usage, and/or a unique individual password.
- Transactions and Activity – If you become a registered user or if you conduct transactions through this website, we will collect information about the transactions you engage in while on the website and your other activity on the site. This information may include, without limitation, areas of the website that you visit, transaction type, content that you view, download or submit, transaction amount, payment, and billing information as well as the nature, quantity and price of the goods or services you exchange and the individuals or entities with whom you communicate or transact business.
- Email and other voluntary communications – You may also choose to communicate with us through email, via our website, by telephone, in writing, or through other means. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may be personally identifiable. You must be 13 years or older to join the E-Club and receive any member communications.
- Job Applications – If you pursue completing an application for the purpose of seeking a position with Fresh City, its franchisees, developers or affiliates, the forms require certain personally identifiable information that may include, without limitation, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and other personal information. If you submit the completed forms via the website, this information will be collected and used for potential hiring purposes only.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
When you visit the Fresh City website, like when you visit most other websites, certain anonymous information about your visit is automatically logged, which may include information about the type of browser you use, the server name and IP address through which you access the internet (such as “aol.com” or “earthlink.net”), the date and time you access the site, the pages you access while at the Fresh City website, and the internet address of the website, if any, from which you linked directly to the Fresh City site. This information is not personally identifiable.
- Fresh City may use the personally identifiable information collected through its website primarily for such purposes as:
- helping to establish and verify the identity of users;
- opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users’ accounts or memberships;
- processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- providing services and support to users;
- improving the website, including tailoring it to users’ preferences;
- providing users with product or service updates, promotional notices and offers, and other information about Fresh City and its affiliates;
- responding to your questions inquiries, comments and instructions;
- maintaining the security and integrity of its systems.
Fresh City may use the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by its hosted server primarily to help it administer and improve its website. Fresh City may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about its website to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. Again, this information is not personally identifiable.
Disclosure of Information
Fresh City does not provide personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties for their use in marketing directly to you. Fresh City may use unaffiliated companies to help it maintain and operate its website or for other reasons related to the operation of its business, and those companies may receive your personally identifiable information for that purpose. Fresh City may also disclose personally identifiable information about you in connection with legal requirements, such as in response to an authorized subpoena, governmental request or investigation, or as otherwise permitted by law.
This website is directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. Fresh City will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain registrations for any child whom Fresh City knows to be under the age of 13. Fresh City does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. We encourage parents of children under 13 to regularly check and monitor their children’s use of e-mail and other activities on line. You must be 13 years or older to join the E-Club and receive any member communications.
“Cookies” and Advertisers
The Fresh City website’s server, or the servers of companies that are used to operate this site, may place a “cookie” on your computer in order to allow you to use the website and to personalize your experience. A “cookie” is a small piece of data that can be sent by a web server to your computer, which then may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow us to recognize your computer while you are on our website and help customize your online experience and make it more convenient for you. Cookies are also useful in allowing more efficient log-in for users, tracking transaction histories and preserving information between sessions. The information collected from cookies may also be used to improve the functionality of the website.
Most web browser applications (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator) have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to use certain personalized functions of this website.
The Fresh City website may contain links to other websites not maintained by Fresh City. For example, the gift card program is operated by an independent company who we have entered into an agreement with to sell and process Fresh City gift cards. You may choose to read the privacy statements provided by other websites before you provide personally identifiable information to them.
Fresh City maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help guard personally identifiable information. Fresh City restricts authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception.
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security or the administration of the website. From time to time, Fresh City and its affiliates may also wish to send you other messages or updates about our website, Fresh City, our affiliates, franchisees, for their promotions and other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction/security related communications from Fresh City and its affiliates, please send an email containing your request.
Fresh City reserves the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time. We will post any new policy here and we encourage you to visit this area frequently to stay informed.
If you have questions about this privacy statement, the information practices of Fresh City or your dealings with our website, please contact us.